Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 2: More walking and people watching

The majority of the morning consisted of walking down the pedestrian street and looking in all of the shops. Apparently genie style pants are really popular here....basically they are baggy M.C. Hammer pants with the crotch down past the knees. There also seems to be a variety of these, from strapless one-piece things to full body suits (not attractive)...since I couldn't take a picture I Googled "genie pants" and got this, which is the most elegant version I've seen (still dumb nonetheless):


Apart from those hideous things - purple is very in, and lots of layers, fur, and TIGHTS! How could I forget the leggings - OMG. Leggings under shorts, leggings under dresses, just leggings. Leggings with zippers, leggings that look like a cat fought with them, leggings with stripes, geez.

And the Harris' current running joke - men's capris. They think Joe needs a pair! Let's see if Google has those.....

NOT MANLY...enough said.

I am not sure how I got off on such a tangent considering I was just going to post pretty pictures of statues and things. I guess I will get to that eventually, this is a great way to pass the time since the TV is almost all Danish Channels, and I have no interest in re-runs of Spin City.

OH, and P.S. - they are much more open about naked-ness here than people in the US...I will save that story for the amusement park post - if I ever get that far. Just think....It's 6 pm here right now, and what I have explained up until now, barely catches us up to lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment