I have been sitting here trying to think of a witty title for this post and well, I've got nothing. We attended meetings in workout clothes. We ate dinner in workout clothes. And in between, we went to the "mall" in an attempt to find real clothes for tomorrow. I will be 100% honest, we just didn't want to blow the money. So, JWS and KBG walked with us until we found what are still work out clothes, but are a step up from a cotton t-shirt. That way, we didn't have to buy new pants, and shoes, and whatever else. Not to mention we are both wearing sports bras that are hard to hide under non-workout clothes. I also bought socks. Which leads me to my next point. Underwear in a bag (think Hanes) aren't here. And the only thing worse than the situation we are in, are international panties that are on a hanger, free to be handled, with no way to truly wash them. So with that, we need to make a deal before we proceed. We are all family right? This is a no judgement zone. And I write these posts because I love for y'all to laugh, even at my expense. Well, I have to say this will be the first night of my life that I washed panties in a sink and slept in a bathrobe. And our a/c in this room is a joke, so if I don't have a heat stroke by morning, I will consider that the first miracle of the trip.
For those who are wondering, no one has cried yet. No one is really down in the dumps. It's quite funny that Savell is in this mess with Clay and I (KBG's bag was the only one that made it). But, I really want to feel clean. Showering and putting old clothes back on just doesn't do it for me.
Let's switch gears. After shopping, this was the view from our room:
And this was dinner. I forgot to get a picture of each plate before we started eating, but you get the idea:
As Temple Grandin put it, "the steak was just ruined," the Chimmichurri (in the black bowl) was overpowering, but the veggies were okay. The dessert was okay, but way too sweet.
I think that just about gets today covered. I did submit a complaint to American for the mechanical delay and lost baggage, hoping the weather delay that occurred in between those two events would help our cause. I asked them to rectify our lost time and money, even though they already turned us down twice on the way here, I requested that they consider upgrading our seats for the MVD to MIA flight home. That flight here was horrible, the seats were so hard none of us could feel our lower body after 9 hrs, there were no power outlets, and no individual monitors. Of course, I didn't share that last sentence with American, but riding in business class would be a wonderful treat, and I've never done it before. I could add it to my list of firsts for this trip....
Posted via Blogger for iPad






No comments:
Post a Comment