Leave the country.
Our status? Haven't even left College Station. Why you ask? Well, let me tell you, since I have plenty of time. We were supposed to board a plane out of CLL at 3:15pm yesterday. Delayed. Delayed worse. No way to make our connections, no later flight out of the U.S. to Uruguay. Solution: Book an earlier flight from CLL to DFW for today. Dr. Savell & Dr. (Harris) Gehring were booked for today's 9:30am flight out. Clay and I on the 11:50 am. Delayed. Delayed worse. 11:50 flight cancelled, no room on the 9:30 flight that became a noon flight.
Oh and for those who are wondering: yesterday something was wrong with the plane, today there was a flash flood warning in Dallas.
Solution: we are driving to IAH with the hopes of catching a 5:50pm from Houston to Miami. There is only one American flight from the U.S to Montevideo per day, so our options are limited. When I checked this morning, the plane intended for the international leg of this race was already delayed.
We have now said our goodbyes three times and had to get word back to travel agents that speak LIMITED English to not let the hotel give our rooms away. Oh, and we have to pay $400 for our airport transportation to the hotel - again. I sent an email yesterday morning as soon as we knew what was happening but they didn't check email until after the driver was already at the airport waiting on us.
We have decided that this is either a "third time's the charm" or "three strikes, you're out" situation. I'll have to let you know how this ends up. May be a short blog this year.
If all goes according to (the third) plan, we will land in Montevideo at 9:20am local time tomorrow. That's 7:20am here. As soon as we figure out the internet, I'll post an update.
To be continued......
Posted via Blogger for iPhone.
No comments:
Post a Comment