Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 6 - Part 2: Banquet

Hello again, we made it to the venue without a problem at all.  We did not leave until nearly 11:30pm though, so it is now almost 1am and I haven't packed yet.  Anyway, I will give you a quick run down and then I have to pack the computer.  We arrived a little after 8pm and ate some appetizers that were actually pretty good.  We are eventually able to enter the dining room and we fine a menu.  


Course 1: crab ravioli, zucchini pasta, crawfish tails, with a scallop:

Course 2: lamb, potato gratin, tomato/eggplant:

Course 3: Belgian ice cream:

Also, the ICoMST committee had a "photo booth", it was a lot of fun.  But it only printed two copies of the pictures so we had to do each set twice so everyone could have one, and the stool you sat on was barely for two people.  Needless to say, we were laughing the entire time!


Tomorrow we will catch the 7:15am tram to the train station where we have an 8:20am train to Paris.  I think the ride is about 2+ hours and we switch trains once I think.  This may be pretty stressful since we have to pull our luggage down the streets, into and out of the tight trams and trains and up and down stairs.  Hopefully we have internet at the hotel and we can fill you in when we get there.  Wish us luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment