Today we attended meetings and left in time to accomplish the last few things on our list: (1) eat a real waffle (2) see butcher's hall (3) eat fries from a street vendor (4) buy chocolate. First, Dr. Harris was right, she has been eating the best waffle all along (judging this by the fact that it was our 3rd and was the best, and made fresh).
Second, when your fries are covered with mayonnaise, they are top heavy. Right after we got them and we were walking to sit down, they slid out of Lindsey's hand and landed mayonaisse side down on the table.
During the fry eating experience a knat flew by and stuck the the mayo of the fry Lindsey was putting in her mouth. I didn't tell her until she started chewing - LOL. Butcher's hall was not what I had envisioned, but I took a picture of the dry cured hams hanging from the rafters.
I finally bought a piece of chocolate today, milk chocolate with a walnut on top. It had a delicious filling which they call praline here, not the candied pecans you would associate that word with at home. It was amazing. I bought two boxes of small, individually wrapped chocolate bars (18 to a box) so that I would hopefully have enough for everyone to at least try, one box is dark and one is milk. That is really it I think, we have about 30 minutes before we head out for the banquet, so hopefully the waffle holds me over until tomorrow - especially if this banquet resembles Denmark at all. Who knows, they might have spaghetti and real iced tea.....ha. Well, I have to start packing/getting ready now so I have a head start since the banquet will most likely go until midnight or so. Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment