Paris is exactly how I imagined it. It is old, classic, romantic, beautiful. The architecture is unbelievable, all of the structures are too large and impressive to comprehend. To start at the beginning, we arrived around 11am and our rooms were not ready so we let them hold our bags so we could find lunch. Then we returned to check in, and immediately went looking for an open air, city tour bus. This was probably the most time consuming endeavor of all the transportation situations we were in today. Finally we find one and it takes us past all of the major sites in Paris. You may get on or off at anytime and the pass is good for 3 days, also boat rides are included as well. This allowed us to get some great pictures, below are only a few of 200+.
Louvre:
Arc de Triomphe:
Eiffel Tower:
Notre Dame (side):
Notre Dame (front):
After the bus ride, we ate an authentic crepe and boarded a boat:
We got off at the Eiffel Tower and took tons of pictures. Then we walked all over the Notre Dame area, looking in shops, supermarkets, and bakeries.
We then started searching for dinner. We chose a place that was really really French, pictures would never do it justice, and we ate Beef Bourguignon (beef stew) just like Julia Child made!
After that we got what has been called the best ice cream in Paris, they layer it on the cone to look like a rose, and yes, it was delicious.
Finally, we board another boat to go see the tower in the dark. Suddenly, at 10pm, it started sparkling - there are no words to describe what we saw, I just hope the pictures give you an accurate idea.
Sunset over the canal:
Tower at night (from the boat):
Tower sparking @ 10pm:
From there we boarded a city bus and made our way back. It's been a long day, but amazing. I'm not sure it has hit me yet that I am in PARIS, FRANCE. The closest I came to realizing it was when I saw the awning at the Hard Rock.
Anyhow, I am tired and need to sleep, I will post more tomorrow. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment